Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Blog, Old Quilts.

The idea of taking up blogging again has crossed my mind many times in the last year. It comes and goes as many of my ideas do but it just seems to keep coming back to me. I wonder if people will actually read my blog, if I want to keep up on posting to my blog and marketing my blog to make it successful, do I even have anything important to say or share? Maybe I don't, maybe I do. I think it is worth a shot, don't you agree?

Well, I have to start with my goal for 2012. In the past few years I have wanted to get really good at quilting and the best way to get really good at something is to just do it. With that mindset my goal for 2012 is to make 12 completed quilts. I figured that was one a month, I can do that and I pretty much have. It's September, I have completed 11 quilts, I currently have three quilt tops that need to be quilted and one quilt that I am almost done quilting. I am pretty proud of it all, each quilt I do my skills get better and I know now what I need work on and what new skills I need to learn. 

A few months into my 2012 journey someone suggested I blog about all my quilts or at least journal about them so I can look back on it later. I thought it was a very good idea but we were about to move from Nashville to Austin and I just didn't see that working at the time, I know myself too well to put that on my plate. Now that we are here and settled in I thought it would be good to go back and talk about all the quilts I have done, where they ended up, how I did them, what I learned and offer some beginner tips for quilting. So here I am, I hope you keep checking back in, I look forward to sharing with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment