Thursday, September 27, 2012

Birds and the Bees


 I gave you a teaser last week so I figured I should make good on my promise. I finished up this quilt the other week and I LOVE it! The fabric is Tula Pink's "Birds and the Bees" which I got from Pink Chalk Fabrics. I also have a quilt top done using her "Nightshade" line that needs to be quilted but is on the back burner for now until I finish up a few other things. 


I used Monica Solorio-Snow's pattern called "Taking Turns" out of the Spring 2012 issue of Quilts and More from Better Homes and Gardens. Which was a great pattern, perfect for beginners or someone wanting a quick quilt. I picked that pattern because I thought it was prefect for showing off some of the bigger prints used in this line of fabric.

Wouldn't you agree? I couldn't bear the thought of chopping up those dear little squirrels or those lovely trees! 

Anyways, I did some straight line quilting on this one, as I always do. I need to learn free motion quilting but I am sure I will get around to it one of these days!

Regardless, I am very happy with this quilt and have already snuggled up with it while watching Voyager with my Hubby! Isn't that what quilts are for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment