Thursday, September 20, 2012

Denim Rag Quilt

I had been thinking about making a rag quilt for a while now, just something simple and fun, a little different from my normal projects. So I sewed up this little guy. 


I had several pairs of old jeans saved up so this was the perfect project for them. I simply cut 6.5" squares out of denim and flannel, placed them on top of each other with right sides out,  sewed an X through the squares, then I sewed my squares together using a 1/2" seam allowance and sewed a 1/2" line around the quilt. After the quilt was put together I cut into the seams a bit so it would fray then ran it through the washer and dryer.


  
I loved this method of rag quilting because using flannel and denim keeps you from having to use any batting. Perfect for a child or to take with you to any fall football games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment