Friday, January 25, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake





For my first quilt of 2013 I wanted to do something a little simple and sweet. I also happened to have the perfect color inspiration on my new kitchen table.


The flowers were an anniversary present from my husband which was the only romantic gift as we both agreed to buy a water filter for ourselves. We are so practical aren't we? I guess maybe in this day and age year 4 is water filter, who needs paper, wood, silver, gold anyway? Maybe year 5 will be a Macbook, year 25 will be a robot, and year 50 we will go on a cruise of the galaxy.

  
Back to the subject at hand. I did 4.5" squares with 1.5" sashing. I loved the cute little 1.5" squares at the sashing intersections, adorable.


I straight line quilted on the diagonal which made diamonds. At the moment it is my favorite way to quilt squares, simple but beautiful.


I love the outcome, so sweet. I may sell this quilt in a few months, after we are all moved. Yep, you read that right, we are moving. We are moving to Ft. Worth which will be good for us. I am not excited about the actual moving and the fact that I won't be able to do much sewing but I have some embroidery to work on for the time being, books to read, and I have been doing some writing that I will continue to work on. All in all I think I can manage, and I am sure once we are moved in and unpacked I will be sewing up a storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment