Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year


So it's been a while, you know how things go, traveling and such. I have also been working on many secret projects which are hard to Blog about. Anyways, I am back and the next few posts will be about quilts I did over the past couple of months.


This quilt is one I made for my cousin Missy. I had been wanting to do a quilt with hexagons for a while so I just jumped right in.


I machine pieced all of the hexagons which took a little more time and patience then other piecing I do but I think it was so worth the effort.




I had also been wanting to do a quilt using yellow, grey, black, and white and had these prints pulled out for a while waiting for the perfect project. 



The colors with the hexagons really give the feeling of a bee hive. Little did I know that Melissa means honey bee, how perfect?




I also found the perfect place to take pictures of my quilts, would you believe this place is right behind my husband's work? Only in Austin would you have something so natural and beautiful behind an office building.


I am so pleased with the finished product and can't wait to do another hexagon quilt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment