Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sorta quilting


So I haven't been doing that much in terms of working on quilts. Mainly because I am unpacking my sewing area and a few of my things are still at my parent's house. I have, however, been working on bags, lots and lots of bags. 


My quilted totes I have been using a quilt as you go/ improv piecing method. I love the result and have given a few as gifts. These pictures are of one I am working on now as a special request for sale. 



I have also been working on several more utilitarian type bags. The Ikea fabric above was used to make a huge swimming bag for the spring and summer. And due to the recent Austin plastic bag ban (yay!) I have been making lots of reusable shopping bags. I already had some bags that I would use but I frequently forget to bring them with me so having extras to tuck away in the car and in my purse has been so handy. In fact I have plans on making more to have in every possible knook and cranny! Hopefully soon I will get back to making some quilts but I am really enjoying this bag craziness that has come over me!

No comments:

Post a Comment